Sunday 12 February 2012

February 2012 - Coppa, Peach & Buffalo Mozzarella Salad

I actually made the recipe from the February issue back at the end of January. The magazine comes out a week or so before the start of the month so plenty of time to look through it and decide on what to make. 

I had several things marked in this issue to try out. I am very keen to try out Belinda Jeffrey's crispy potatoes with bacon and rosemary. I think they would be the perfect side dish to a roast dinner, probably lamb I think. I also really like the sound of Belinda's Peperonata & spaghettini frittata with harissa cream. It sounds just wonderful, although it does use 10 eggs and serve 6 - 8. That is a lot of food. I might try cutting the recipe in half but not sure how it will go. The full recipe is cooked in a 30 cm fry pan, I assume that my 24 cm pan would work for half the recipe. 

I was also very interested in Jessica Brook's Mixed pepper crusted steak with mushroom salad. I didn't have the dried green peppercorns though. I hope that I can find some and make it though. As it sounds really good. I also like that the mushroom salad uses char-grilled mushrooms. Jessica's Lamb burgers with buffalo mozzarella and cucumber salad. I love burgers and this sounds like a wonderful combination. I think I might make them some time this week. 

My grandparents had given me some lovely peaches so I decided to make Liz Condon's Bresaola, grilled peach & buffalo mozzarella salad. Unfortunately I couldn't get bresaola so instead I purchased some coppa. I was able to get some buffalo mozzarella, it was so very good. It is a shame that I haven't been able to get it since. I hope that they will get some more in. I also added some halved cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion. It was a simple and easy salad to make and was very good. 

Coppa, Peach & Buffalo Mozzarella Salad

Ingredients: 
  • 4 peaches, halved and stones removed 
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • Juice 1/2 lemon 
  • 1 bunch rocket
  • 12 slices coppa 
  • 2 x 150 g buffalo mozzarella ball, torn
  • punnet cherry tomatoes, halved 
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
Method: 
  • Heat fry pan over medium-high heat. Brush peaches with oil and then cook until slightly charred. Let cool and peel. 
  • Mix together oil & lemon juice and season.
  • Arrange all ingredients on serving plate and drizzle with dressing. 

1 comment: