Monday 28 May 2012

Satay Lamb with Carrot Pilaf

Quite a while ago now I bought a whole lamb all cut up and put it all in the freezer. I have been slowly using it, although not really quickly enough. I made this satay lamb quite some time ago and I think that it is almost time to make it again. 

It really was very easy to make. I found a recipe for satay sauce on Taste.com.au but it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I experimented a bit with it and it turned out really well. The carrot pilaf is a recipe from Taste. I really enjoyed it, I think that it could be served with a lot of meals. If you are not serving the satay with the carrot pilaf I would add carrots to the with the capsicum and beans. You could use whatever vegetables you liked.

Satay Lamb

6 lamb forequarter chops
1 tbps grapeseed oil)
Satay sauce (recipe below)
1 red capsicum, seeded & sliced
200 g green beans, halved (I don't know if this is the right amount, I just used what I had in the fridge)
 
Cut the meat off  lamb chops and dice. 
Heat heavy based pan over a medium-high heat. Add oil and lamb and brown. 
Poured the satay sauce stir to combine. 
Add capsicum and beans. Placed the lid on the pan for about 10 minutes then removed the lid and cooked until the sauce reduced down.
Serve with carrot pilaf. 

Satay sauce

1 tsp grapeseed oil
1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tsp sambal olek (or to taste)
3 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup natural crunchy peanut butter (I ground my own peanuts probably about 1/2 c)
125ml water
1 tbs lime juice
2 tsp kecap manis
1/2 tsp brown sugar 
 
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft and golden. Add garlic and sambal olek and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add curry powder and turmeric and cook for a further minute. 
Add peanut butter and stir  then add water, lime juice, kecap manis and sugar. 
Cook, stirring, for 3 - 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment