Friday 13 July 2012

Pantry Tuna Pasta

Well, I decided that it was time to clean out some of the food in my pantry, fridge and freezer. There is just so much food in my house. I worked out a menu plan for 3 weeks which wouldn't require me purchasing anything except a few vegies. The only other things I need to buy are milk and assorted cat food and litter. Oh and I just finished the last of my 3 almost finished bottles of laundry detergent so will need to buy some of that. 

This was a really, really easy meal to toss together and everything was already in my house. I got to use up one of the 9 types of pasta in my cupboards, oops, as well as some of the tuna in the house as well. I actually made pasta dishes like this a lot as they are quick, easy, cheap and tasty. I don't really have quantities for this it is just a matter of however much I want on the day. If you don't have flavoured tunas then just add some lemon, pepper and a little slosh of oil

Half packet of shell pasta (or other shapes you have on hand) 
1 small tin tuna in zesty vinaigrette 
1 small tin tuna with lemon & cracked pepper
4 slices pickled jalapenos, chopped (or a dash of chilli flakes)
a few capers, chopped
sliced black olives
a few semi-dried tomatoes, sliced into strips
parsley, roughly chopped 
grated parmesan, to serve

Cook pasta until done to your liking. Drain but retain a small amount of the liquid on the pasta. Stir in all other ingredients. Season with salt & pepper if you need (I didn't). Serve topped with parmesan. 

See, quick and easy and oh so tasty. :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment