Just a quick post of a quick recipe. This was a very quick and easily made dinner. With it I kicked off making some of the seafood recipes in this lovely book. At least this was one where I could easily get all the ingredients. However, I wasn't all that keen on it. The flavours weren't bad but I just found it oily. At first I thought that I could just reduce the amount of oil in the recipe but realised that without all the oil it would be dry. I don't think that I will be making this one again. It is just not to my taste.
Prawn & Chilli Linguine
- 250g linguine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 green prawns, peeled & deveined
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 50g rocket, washed & dried
- Cook linguine in rapidly boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add prawns, season with salt & pepper then cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic & chillies & cook for another minute.
- Add butter and reduce heat to low.
- Add the rocket & linguine & toss until pasta is well coated.