Saturday 20 August 2011

Honey & Mustard Roasted Potatoes and Pumpkin

I have talked before about how I believe it is just as important to spend time on making good side dishes as it is to make good main meals. This potato and pumpkin dish was so easy but so very tasty. I adapted this recipe over at Allrecipes to make this. I really enjoyed it and would definitely make it again. I served this with pickled pork with mustard sauce, braised turnips and steamed broccoli. The sweetness of the honey really added something to the meal. I would highly recommend the whole combination.

Honey & Mustard Roasted Potatoes and Pumpkin

Ingredients: 
  • 4 small potatoes, quartered
  • Wedge pumpkin, cut into chunks
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
  • salt & pepper
Method:
  • Pre-heat oven to 190 C. 
  • Line baking tray with foil (this makes clean up easier). 
  • Combine butter, honey, mustard and a pinch of salt & pepper. 
  • Add potatoes and pumpkin and toss to combine. 
  • Spread onto tray and bake for 30 - 35 minutes stirring a couple of times.

1 comment:

  1. I never really give any thought to side dishes, but this looks like a really good combination.

    ReplyDelete