Thursday 16 August 2012

Pesto Stuffed Chicken

I have been very slack when it comes to blogging but to be honest I have been pretty slack when it has come to cooking. I haven't been well for a while and have just not been cooking much. I have had a few of the better ready meals from the supermarket. I did make a tuna & pasta bake, that isn't really that interesting. Although I suppose even comfort food it worth writing about, it just isn't that attractive to photograph, delicious though. 

I am even still to decide on what to make from this month's delicious magazine. I have one recipe marked to make but it doesn't really interest me at the moment. I am sure there is other stuff in there but my disinterest in cooking and food means that deciding on what to make is a difficult decision. I will get it done though as I am not going to miss a month of delicious recipes. 

I am quite impressed with the recipes in this month's Feast magazine. There are quite a few of them that I would like to try out. Some pretty extensive ingredients lists. Although several of them I have every thing or just need one other thing to make it. It is just a matter of motivation. 

I did, however, get myself motivated enough a couple of nights ago to throw together a good meal. I had some chicken thigh cutlets to use up. I made more of the cashew & lemon pesto that I done previously. It was so easy to put together and the taste was terrific. The flavour of the pesto penetrated the chicken very well. I think that it would also work well with breasts, the oil from the pesto would help to maintain the moisture I believe. I served with mashed sweet potato & steamed beans. 

Pesto stuffed chicken

2 chicken thigh cutlets 
2 tbsp cashew & lemon pesto (or other pesto) 
oil

Pre-heat oven to 170 C (fan-forced). 
Cut a pocket into the side of the cutlets and push as much of the pesto in as possible. Rub any extras  over the chicken. 
Heat oil in an ovenproof fry pan. Brown chicken both sides and then place in over for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. 
Serve with mashed sweet potato, steamed beans and extra pesto. 


1 comment: