Tuesday 7 August 2012

Salmon with Beetroot & Horseradish Risotto

I made this ages and ages ago. I kept meaning to blog about it but just never seemed to get around to it. I love beetroot, anything beetroot. I boil it, I roast it, I use it raw. I love the harvard beets that my Gramma used to make. I came up with the carrot & beet crumble which I have made several times now.  I don't think there is anything that I have made with beetroot that I haven't liked. 

I have made beetroot risotto before always using the same recipe. This one was a bit different and it was really worth the effort. I will definitely make it this way in future. I would never have thought to puree the beetroot but it does make complete sense and results in a lovely creamy risotto. I didn't have fresh horseradish to put in. I have never seen it to buy here but I am looking into getting some plants so that I can grow my own. I love horseradish, especially with roast beef. When making again I would put more of the bottled horseradish in as it didn't really come through that well. I would never have thought to pair it with salmon either but it really did go together well. I added some steamed asparagus for a bit of veg.

Salmon with beetroot & horseradish risotto



    

No comments:

Post a Comment