Sunday 10 February 2013

Sweet Chilli Sauce

This is another Thermomix recipe. Again I made it some time ago and just haven't posted until now. I wanted to try as many sauces and pastes as I could with the Thermomix. It was so easy to make but was rather expensive. If you had your own chillies it would be fine but I had to buy chillies to make it. The long red chillies are $15/kg. I did get 3 bottles and a jar about it so I suppose that when you compare the prices when what you pay in stores then it probably isn't that expensive. It has a wonderful taste to it. A nice bit of heat but not too much. If you wanted more you could leave the seeds in more of the chillies or you could add a few birdseye chillies. It has just the right amount of sweetness as well. So far I have used it on hamburgers and included in a glaze for some pork. I will definitely make it again. I have given some away and all think it is wonderful too. 

Sweet Chilli Sauce

100 grams whole long red chillies stems trimmed
3 cloves garlic peeled
750 grams white vinegar
645 grams castor sugar
400 grams de-seeded long red chillies 

Blend chillies, garlic, sugar and 250 g vinegar on speed 8 for 20 seconds. Scrap down the sides if necessary and add remaining 500 g vinegar.
Cook 15 minutes on varoma on speed 2.
Scrape sides and then cook 40 - 45 minutes or until it has reached the consistency that you want at 100 degrees on speed 3.
Pour into hot, sterilised bottles and/or jars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment