Saturday 23 July 2011

Delicious: July 2011 - Crumbed Lamb Chops with Roasted Greek-Salad Vegetables

It seems like it has been a really long week and I am having trouble unwinding tonight. I was hoping to get to bed early tonight but I wasn't tired earlier. I am finally started to feel a bit sleepy now so hopefully I will get this typed up quickly and then be able to get some sleep. 

This would have to be my favourite recipe that I have made out of this issue of delicious magazine. I really, really loved the roasted greek-salad vegetables. I have made them twice since as well. The lamb when with the vegetables perfectly. I used some lamb loin chops rather than the frenched cutlets. The only reason was that the loin chops were half the price of the cutlets. I really liked the lemon zest in with the breadcrumbs. It was also a really easy meal to make. I can see this one entering into rotation on my menu planning. 

Crumbed lamb cutlets with roast greek-salad vegetables

Ingredients:
  • 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
  • 3 roma tomatoes, halved (I used a punnet of cherry toms) 
  • 2 red capsicum, roughly chopped 
  • 3 zucchini, halved lengthways and thickly sliced 
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 
  • 1/3 c olive oil (I used garlic olive oil) 
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 200 g feta, chopped 
  • 1/2 c kalamata olives (I used pitted ones) 
  • 1 tbsp oregano leaves, plus extra to serve 
  • 1 c dried breadcrumbs (I used panko breadcrumbs) 
  • grated zest of 1 lemon
  • 8 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
  • 1/4 c plain flour, seasoned 
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten 
  • lemon wedges, to serve
Method:
  • Pre-heat oven to 200 C and line a large baking tray with foil.
  • Toss vegetables and garlic with 2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp dried oregano. Season. 
  • Spread on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. 
  • Add feta, olives and oregano leaves and bake for a further 5 - 8 minutes until feta is golden. 
  • Meanwhile, combine crumbs with zest and remaining 1/2 tsp dried oregano. Coat lamb first in flour, then in egg and crumbs, shaking off any excess. 
  • Heat remaining oil 2 tbsp oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat (I used grapeseed oil). 
  • In batches cook lamb for 2 - 3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. 
  • Place lamb cutlets on a serving platter with rated vegetables, lemon wedges and oregano leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment