Saturday 3 September 2011

Chicken Club with Avocado Mayonnaise, Roast Tomato and Bacon

Urgh, I am so tired. I just can't sleep. So I am here typing up some long over due posts. I made a very, very average birthday cake tonight. I feel really badly about it and wish that I could start over again but it is late and I don't have everything necessary start again nor do I have the time to do it. 

I simplified this recipe a bit. Instead of cooking chicken thighs for it I used some of the chicken from the warm poached chicken from my last post. I just gave it a quick go round in a fry pan to warm it up and brown it a bit. I also didn't make the mayonnaise from scratch. I just used some of Neil Perry's mayonnaise and added some mashed avocado. 


Chicken Club with Avocado Mayonnaise, Roast Tomato and Bacon

Ingredients:
  • Chicken meat, left over from poached chicken
  • 2 slices bread, per person (I used sourdough)
  • Rocket
  • Bacon, fried until crispy and drained
  • Tomatoes, halved and roasted for 40 minutes in 180 C oven
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 a mashed avocado
Method: 
  • Tear chicken into chunks. 
  • Heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and fry until warmed through and browned. 
  • Spread bread with avocado mayonnaise top with rocket, chicken, bacon and tomatoes. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, now that has got to be THE most gorgeous sandwich I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna, it was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must make this!!! I love Bill Granger's books :)

    ReplyDelete