Tuesday 13 November 2012

Chicken & watermelon salad with balsamic chilli dressing

This is another of those throw together on a whim with what is in the fridge meals, well except for the watermelon I bought that tonight. I really wasn't sure how it was going work initially but I was very happy with the end result. It was very refreshing but full of taste and just filling enough for an evening meal. I don't have amounts for any of this as I just threw things in so just go for it and see how it turns out. 

red onion, finely sliced 
roasted capsicum, torn (I used bottled in oil) 
sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (I used vacuum packed dry ones)
watermelon, cubed
blueberries 
bocconncini, torn
basil, chopped
roast/poached/grilled chicken sliced 
rocket

Dressing

chilli paste
black cherry balsamic 
extra virgin olive oil
pinch salt

Combine all ingredients for salad except the chicken & rocket.
Mix ingredients for dressing until emulsified and pour over salad. 
To serve, place rocket on the plate place chicken around the rocket and pile salad on top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment