Wednesday 8 January 2014

Cooks Club - Watermelon, rockmelon and feta salad

Cooks Club has started up again over on taste.com.au. This month's recipe collection is salad recipes which is just perfect for this time of year. It has been so hot and dry lately that I have been having a lot of salads. 

I had put some chicken drumsticks in a honey soy garlic and ginger marinade but needed something to go with it. I searched through the collection and came across this recipe which I had most things or could substitute. I purchased a large rockmelon and half a watermelon recently so I thought that this would be a good recipe to use a little bit of it up. I really enjoyed it. I used some feta since that is what I had and I don't really like goat's cheese that much anyway. I didn't have mint either but have grown some lemon basil this year, it isn't very prolific but I put a few leaves around. It has such a lovely lemony taste to it. Nest time I think I would put in some olives and cherry tomatoes. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks good! my boyfriend would hate this but I've been intrigued to try these watermelon/feta salads I keep seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the combination. Watermelon, feta, olives, red onion with a little balsamic is fantastic and very refreshing.

      Delete