Thursday 30 January 2014

January 2014 - Turkey & avocado salad with cranberry dressing




Well not doing so well on the posting more resolution this month am I? Then again I haven't really been doing much creative cooking-wise either. I have been cooking a bit but quite a bit of it has been pre-prepared or pre-marinated stuff. I discovered that the marinated split chickens from Woolworths are very good done on the weber bbq. 

I made this salad a couple of nights ago. It was easy and tasty. I used some leftover chicken in place of the turkey. It was supposed to have sourdough croutons but I didn't have any bread so I didn't worry about it. I think it was filling enough without them. 



Turkey & avocado salad with cranberry dressing

2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp cranberry sauce
2 celery stalks, shaved
120g mixed baby salad leaves (I used cos lettuce and alfalfa spouts)
400 g cooked turkey meat, shredded 
1/4 c slivered almonds, toasted (I didn't have any so used some pepitas) 
1 avocado, sliced

Whisk oil, vinegar and cranberry sauce together. 
Mix all other ingredients together and drizzle dressing over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment