Thursday 10 March 2011

Bill's Prawn and Chilli Linguine


I am tired tonight. It was a long day a work and I bought some lasagne for lunch that gave me terrible heartburn so I haven't felt the best this afternoon. Will go back to tuna salad sandwich tomorrow, see I do like some seafood. lol 
Just a quick post of a quick recipe. This was a very quick and easily made dinner. With it I kicked off making some of the seafood recipes in this lovely book. At least this was one where I could easily get all the ingredients. However, I wasn't all that keen on it. The flavours weren't bad but I just found it oily. At first I thought that I could just reduce the amount of oil in the recipe but realised that without all the oil it would be dry. I don't think that I will be making this one again. It is just not to my taste. 

Prawn & Chilli Linguine

Ingredients: 
  • 250g linguine
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil 
  • 10 green prawns, peeled & deveined
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
  • 25g butter
  • 50g rocket, washed & dried
Method:
  • Cook linguine in rapidly boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain well. 
  • Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add prawns, season with salt & pepper then cook for 1 minute. 
  • Add garlic & chillies & cook for another minute. 
  • Add butter and reduce heat to low.
  • Add the rocket & linguine & toss until pasta is well coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment