It seems like it has been a really long week and I am having trouble unwinding tonight. I was hoping to get to bed early tonight but I wasn't tired earlier. I am finally started to feel a bit sleepy now so hopefully I will get this typed up quickly and then be able to get some sleep.
This would have to be my favourite recipe that I have made out of this issue of delicious magazine. I really, really loved the roasted greek-salad vegetables. I have made them twice since as well. The lamb when with the vegetables perfectly. I used some lamb loin chops rather than the frenched cutlets. The only reason was that the loin chops were half the price of the cutlets. I really liked the lemon zest in with the breadcrumbs. It was also a really easy meal to make. I can see this one entering into rotation on my menu planning.
Crumbed lamb cutlets with roast greek-salad vegetables
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 roma tomatoes, halved (I used a punnet of cherry toms)
- 2 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 zucchini, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 c olive oil (I used garlic olive oil)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 200 g feta, chopped
- 1/2 c kalamata olives (I used pitted ones)
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 c dried breadcrumbs (I used panko breadcrumbs)
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 8 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 1/4 c plain flour, seasoned
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C and line a large baking tray with foil.
- Toss vegetables and garlic with 2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp dried oregano. Season.
- Spread on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add feta, olives and oregano leaves and bake for a further 5 - 8 minutes until feta is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine crumbs with zest and remaining 1/2 tsp dried oregano. Coat lamb first in flour, then in egg and crumbs, shaking off any excess.
- Heat remaining oil 2 tbsp oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat (I used grapeseed oil).
- In batches cook lamb for 2 - 3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Place lamb cutlets on a serving platter with rated vegetables, lemon wedges and oregano leaves.
Post a Comment