Urgh, I am so tired. I just can't sleep. So I am here typing up some long over due posts. I made a very, very average birthday cake tonight. I feel really badly about it and wish that I could start over again but it is late and I don't have everything necessary start again nor do I have the time to do it.
I simplified this recipe a bit. Instead of cooking chicken thighs for it I used some of the chicken from the warm poached chicken from my last post. I just gave it a quick go round in a fry pan to warm it up and brown it a bit. I also didn't make the mayonnaise from scratch. I just used some of Neil Perry's mayonnaise and added some mashed avocado.
Chicken Club with Avocado Mayonnaise, Roast Tomato and Bacon
- Chicken meat, left over from poached chicken
- 2 slices bread, per person (I used sourdough)
- Bacon, fried until crispy and drained
- Tomatoes, halved and roasted for 40 minutes in 180 C oven
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 a mashed avocado
- Tear chicken into chunks.
- Heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and fry until warmed through and browned.
- Spread bread with avocado mayonnaise top with rocket, chicken, bacon and tomatoes.