Wednesday 29 August 2012

Creamy brie, mushroom & prosciutto risotto

This is a recipe from an old issue of delicious magazine, July 2011. Okay, so not that old but still at least it is something from the back catalogue. Which is what the whole intention of this blog was in the first place. 

The original recipe didn't include the prosciutto but I had some in the fridge that needed to be used so I added it. I put it under the grill until it was crispy and crumbled it over the top. I was unable to get the chestnut mushrooms so I used some quartered swiss brown mushrooms which I think worked really well. Oh and I used camembert instead of brie as it was reduced in price. 

I really enjoyed it however it was a bit rich for me. Although I am pretty sure if I had had a smaller portion with a salad on the side it would have been better. Some asparagus through it would have been nice. Plus, like some of the other risottos I have made serving it on a bed of rocket would have helped too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment