I love long weekends. That one extra day off gives me the opportunity to unwind just that little bit more. The unfortunate part is that you have to head back to work. It is unfortunate that work has to be part of life. Although I do think that I would go stir crazy if I didn't work but there are still times when I think how nice it would be if I didn't have to. I dutifully buy my lottery ticket each week. Although the chances of actually winning it are minuscule and winning a substantial amount of money is even less likely, still people do win and $2.15 a week is not going to break the bank.
Another reason to love long weekends, well any weekend actually is that it gives me a chance to cook another of Bill's gorgeous breakfast recipes. This, however, ended up being lunch by the time I had decided what to make and actually got it made. I really enjoyed it though. I didn't have quite enough potatoes, not sure how I managed that, so I used some sweet potato as well. I had some dill in the fridge to use and I really like dill with potato so used that in place of the mint in the original recipe. I think next time I would add some grated parmesan to them. Since it was lunch time I served these with a salad of rocket, tomato & avocado. It was so good and I will definitely make these again. If for breakfast I would probably add a side of grilled or roasted tomato and sautéed mushrooms or some bacon.
Potato & Feta Pancakes
- 1/2 kg potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil to fry
- Combine grated potato & onion with a little bit of salt and drain in a colander for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine, your hands are best for this.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add tablespoons of mixture (depending on the size you like).
- Squash a little to make flat pancakes. Cook on both sides until golden brown.