One Friday night I just wanted something easy, quick and tasty. I also didn't want to have to go to the supermarket and buying more food when I knew that there was already a bunch of stuff in my house that I could use to make something good for dinner.
I looked through the fridge and cupboards and decided to make a warm salad with pearl couscous. I do really like pearl couscous but don't use it all that often. It is very good for salads though. I also had some haloumi and chorizo in the fridge so decided to use them along with some roasted vegetables. It was so easy to just throw everything in the oven, boil the couscous and mix it altogether. It also gave me a chance to finally show off the wonderful serving plate that I bought from a lovely little kitchen store while on holidays in May.
Chorizo, Haloumi & Roasted Vegetables with Pearl Couscous
- 1 chorizo, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 eggplant, roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, roughly chopped
- half a punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 150 g haloumi, diced
- handful of olives,
- 1/2 c pearl couscous
- 1 c chicken stock (3/4 c might have been better)
- handful of torn baby spinach leaves
- handful of basil leaves, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C
- Place chorizo, capsicum, onion, eggplant, sweet potato and cherry tomatoes on a tray. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Add olives and haloumi and roast for a further 5 - 10 minutes or until everything is cooked.
- Meanwhile cook pearl couscous in the stock until it has been absorbed. Drain if necessary.
- Combine couscous, roasted veg, chorizo and haloumi with spinach and basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Oh it looks so fresh and vibrant! I've never tried the pearl couscous, though I really want to. Have to find it first. Your serving platter is lovely Katren, and it's perfect for this dish.ReplyDelete
Thanks Coby, it was very good. The pearl couscous is in the pasta aisle in a blue box with Gabriel Gate on the front.ReplyDelete
I really love using pearl couscous - it looks so pretty with all of the gorgeous different colours of the roasted veggies. This is my favourite kind of dinner, easy to throw together with what you've already got!ReplyDelete