Monday 2 April 2012

Sweet & Spicy Potatoes and Pumpkin


Nice quick little post with a side dish that I made recently. I have talked before about playing around with your side dishes. It really makes so much difference to your meal. I served this with pickled pork and cabbage fried with onion, garlic & ginger. It was all ever so good. Oh, and I have heaps of the potato & pumpkin left so I think I might use it in a frittata or something on another night. Oh and one recommendation, I used butternut for this dish but it was not firm enough. I would definitely suggest a firmer pumpkin. For those in Australia, Queensland Blue or Kent.

Sweet & Spicy Potatoes and Pumpkin
2 tbps brown sugar (I used a US tbsp though so 1 tbsp + 2 tsp)
1 tsp hot smoked paprika (if you don't have hot, use 1 tsp smoked paprika + 1/4 tsp chilli powder)
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil (about, I just poured some in)
1 tsp honey
500 g pumpkin, chopped
4 potatoes, cut into eighths


Combine brown sugar, paprika, allspice & salt in a plastic bag and shake to combine. Add olive oil and mix. Add pumpkin & potatoes and shake and massage until all are well coated. Place on a foil lined tray and drizzle with honey. Bake for 30 minutes at 180 C or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment