Tuesday 22 May 2012

Sweet potato, chorizo & leek penne

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Things have been a bit crazy this month. Actually things have been a bit crazy for most of the year. I hope that everything settles soon. Although still lots of work in front of me. 

I was wondering what to make for dinner tonight this afternoon. After quite a while without I really wanted to have some pasta. I knew that I had quite a few sweet potatoes at home that I really needed to start using up. I bought them a week ago as they were on special and hadn't gotten around to using any of them yet. I also had some chorizo in the fridge that needed to be used up as well. Oh and one very sick looking leek. So I combined them all together to make a delicious pasta sauce. 

Sweet potato, chorizo & leek penne

3 small sweet potato, halved 
1 head garlic, halved horizontally
1 leek, finely sliced
1 chorizo, diced 
dash chilli flakes, to taste
1/4 - 1/2 c milk
handful parmesan
2 tbsp sour cream 
Penne, I cooked about 1/2 box of Barilla penne

Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
Place sweet potato and garlic on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper and roast for 40 minutes or until sweet potato is very soft. 
Meanwhile, in a saucepan over a low heat add a drizzle of olive oil and add leek. Sauté until soft.  Add chorizo cook for 5 - 10 minutes. 
Cook penne in lots of boiling salted water. 
Add scrape sweet potato from skins, this will be easy when cooked, and add to chorizo & leeks. Squeeze garlic out the roasted garlic and add with the sweet potato. Mix well. Add enough milk to make it a sauce consistency. Taste and season to taste. 
Add parmesan, reserving a small amount for sprinkling. 
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and then add to pasta and mix well. 
Serve and sprinkle with reserved parmesan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment