Monday 23 July 2012

Spaghetti with crab, lime & chilli


Well, it has been some time since I made something from Bill's Sydney Food. I will admit though that I did make this several months ago and just hadn't gotten around to blogging about it. I had actually made this recipe before but refused to blog about it that time as I made it with canned crab meat and while it tasted okay it was pretty awful looking. The tinned crab meat is not something that I would be buying again. Since that time I discovered that I can buy tubs of fresh crab meat shredded in the supermarket and I was really impressed with it so I was happy to blog about it this time. 

I did really enjoy this so much. Which is probably why I persisted in finding decent crab meat to make it again. It is lovely and tangy with just the right amount of heat but I guess that is dependent on how much chilli you put in. This is definitely one that I would make again. It is wonderfully zesty and reminds me so much of summer.  

Spaghetti With Crab, Lime And Chilli


Serves: 2
Ingredients
150g Crab Meat
Juice & zest of 2 lime
Juice 1 lemon
1 clove Garlic, crushed
1/4 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup finely sliced green onions
1 small chilli, sliced (I used some chilli flakes as I didn't have a fresh chilli)
1 tsp Sea Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
200g Spaghetti, cooked and drained
Place crab, lime and lemon juices, lime zest, garlic, parsley, spring onions , chilli, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and stir in olive oil to combine. Taste to adjust the seasoning. Toss pasta into crab mixture and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info about the fresh crab meat. I found it at Woolies today and made this recipe for dinner. I substituted fennel for the onions, used one lemon and no limes, and it was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you enjoyed it Steph. Fennel sounds interesting, might have to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete