Monday 15 October 2012

Soy & Maple Beef with rice

I subscribed to the Australian Healthy Food Guide a while ago. It is a nice little magazine with some great tips and tricks in it. There is also plenty of recipes however I will admit that until this issue I hadn't made any of the recipes. In fact I didn't even make the recipe that was in the magazine. What I made was based on the recipe in the magazine but the balance of flavours just didn't seem to be right to me and I changed some of the vegetables in it. If I made it again I would add some chilli to it as well as it needed some zing.

Soy & Maple Beef 

500 g beef, very thinly sliced 
1/4 c maple syrup
1 tbsp kecap manis 
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed 
2  tbsp oil
1 red onion, cut into wedges 
1 red capsicum, roughly chopped (I didn't have one but would add it in) 
1 carrot, finely sliced (I used a mandolin) 
2 sticks celery, finely sliced
small head broccoli cut into florets
handful snow peas, trimmed and halved
Brown rice to serve

Combine maple syrup, kecap manis, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Add beef and leave to marinate for an hour. 
Heat half the oil in a wok. Fry beef in batches and then set aside. 
To the wok add the remaining oil then add onion and cook until starting to soften add capsicum, carrot, celery and broccoli and stir fry for a few minutes. Return beef to the pan with the snow peas and a bit of the leftover marinade. Cook to heat through. Serve with rice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment