Tuesday 1 January 2013

Za'atar chicken

Happy new year to all. Welcome to 2013, hope that you all have a good one this year. 

I decided it was time to start cooking again. I have been very slack in regards to cooking and eating recently. Perhaps not so much not cooking but certainly only doing boring foods or eating antipasto stuff or sandwiches. Time to start making good, interesting and tasty food again. So, given it is the first day of 2013 I decided to start tonight. I bought a packet of za'atar some time ago from Herbie's Spices but had never used it. I had some chicken thigh fillets in the fridge. I bought them yesterday to make something but I ended up going to my friend's place for the evening. By today I couldn't remember what it was that I was going to make. 

I enjoyed this so much. Something completely different than I have been making for quite some time. The flavours were so good. Certainly nothing like I had had before. Plus so easy to whip up. It is something that I will definitely be making again. I served with a couscous salad which I will blog later.

Za'atar Chicken

4 chicken thigh fillets 
2 tbsp grapeseed oil (I would have used olive oil but I didn't have enough)
2 tbsp za'atar

Combine everything in a bowl and let sit for 30 minutes. 
Pre-heat oven to 180 C. 
Place chicken on a foil covered tray (for ease of cleaning) and bake for 25 minutes turning once. 



No comments:

Post a Comment