Monday 1 April 2013

Chorizo, tomato & olive pasta

Almost every one of my quick throw together meals involve pasta. It is easy to boil some pasta and make a quick sauce. If I am really tired or it is really late I usually have a bottle of sauce in the cupboard but I try not to do that often. I have a few really easy ones. The first is some garlic oil, torn fresh basil and parmesan, it is something from Nigella. Another is a can of tuna, lemon, capers and either torn spinach or rocket. 

This one I just threw together from things that I had in the fridge. 

1/2 chorizo, chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes
6 olives, halved 
1 tbsp capers, chopped 
Cooked spaghetti

Cook chorizo over a medium heat until browned. Add tomatoes and cook until the skins on the tomatoes start to break. Add capers and olives and toss until heated through. Toss through pasta and serve. 

You could add parmesan or herbs if you wish. I was too tired to think of that on the night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment