Saturday 30 August 2014

August 2014 - Orange & Ginger Jellies



I actually made these last weekend but didn't get around to finishing them off until tonight. I'm not really that fussed about them. I think they could have used a bit more gelatine. The sugar really didn't last long on them. They were too wet. I used blood oranges. The ginger was a bit strong. 

Urgh, I just didn't really like them. 



Orange & Ginger Jellies

250 ml Orange juice
125 ml Lemon juice
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
1/3 c (75g) caster sugar + extra to dust
4 gold-strength gelatine leaves

Oil base 10 x 18 tray. 

Bring orange & lemon juices, sugar & ginger to a boil over medium-low heat. Simmer for 5 min or until sugar dissolved. 
Soak gelatine in cold water until soft. Squeeze out and whisk into hot juice until dissolved. 
Pour in tin, chill until set. 
Cut into squares, roll in caster sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment