I remember a soup recipe in a Nigella book that she referred to as 'my body is a temple' soup although I don't remember now anything about the actual recipe. It was my first thought when I saw this recipe though. A very quick and simple recipe. Full of flavour and almost restorative. It was so easy to whip up for a quick lunch. I think this will end up being a regular in my house.
Corn & Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels, cut from cobs (or frozen)
- 4 cups chicken stock (I used vegetable)
- 1 tbsp shao hsing wine
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil, to serve
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add green onions and ginger, stir for 1 minute.
- Add corn, stir for another minute (or longer if corn is still frozen).
- Pour in stock, bring to boil.
- Season with wine, salt, pepper, sugar, soy sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with sesame oil.
Post a Comment