Roast Chicken with Yoghurt Garlic Sauce
- 1 x 1.5 kg chicken (backbone removed & flattened out)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 lemons (one finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano (I used dried)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Season chicken on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Spread onion on the bottom of a roasting tray, place chicken on top of onions (skin-side up).
- Top with slices of lemon, sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with 2 tbsp oil. Cover, refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 250C. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a clean baking tray and place under a very hot grill for 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown. Turn chicken over, drizzle with another tbsp of oil and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Return chicken, skin-side up, to the tray with the onions and drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze juice of remaining lemon over the chicken and cook for a further 10 minutes or until cooked.
Yoghurt Garlic Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup yoghurt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Leave for at least 1 hour for flavours to combine.
can never resist roast chicken! thanks for sharing, love this. your blog is always so fun :)ReplyDelete