Saturday 21 May 2011

Open-faced Omelette with Fresh Tomato, Emmenthal & Rocket

Hope that you all had a good breakfast this morning. I made this weeks ago now...wish I had made it again this morning. 

Open-faced Omelette with Fresh Tomato, Emmenthal & Rocket

Per person (I think it is enough for two)

Ingredients: 
  • 3 eggs 
  • a pinch of salt 
  • 10 g butter
  • 2 spring onions, chopped 
  • 1 ripe tomato, sliced 
  • 2 slices of Emmenthal (I did have this so used whatever cheese I had) 
  • 1 handful rocket, tossed in a little olive oil and sea salt
  • black pepper
Method: 
  • Beat eggs, salt and 2 tbsp water until just combined. 
  • Melt butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. 
  • Pour in egg mixture. 
  • As it starts to cook add spring onions then tomato slices and cheese and cook for 2 - 3 minutes. 
  • Place under preheated grill to finish off. 
  • Top with rocket & black pepper and serve immediately. 

3 comments:

  1. It looks delicious - I love the way the cheese is melting on the top, and the rocket and tomatoes add a lovely colour contrast too. I can't imagine having it for breakfast, but bet it would make a lovely dinner with some nice bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of Emmenthal. I am going to try to find it. Sounds delishious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C - Thanks, it would make a very good dinner.

    Ellie - I had never heard of Emmenthal either. I would like to try it though.

    ReplyDelete