Hope that you all had a good breakfast this morning. I made this weeks ago now...wish I had made it again this morning.
Open-faced Omelette with Fresh Tomato, Emmenthal & Rocket
Per person (I think it is enough for two)
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 10 g butter
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 2 slices of Emmenthal (I did have this so used whatever cheese I had)
- 1 handful rocket, tossed in a little olive oil and sea salt
- black pepper
- Beat eggs, salt and 2 tbsp water until just combined.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- As it starts to cook add spring onions then tomato slices and cheese and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Place under preheated grill to finish off.
- Top with rocket & black pepper and serve immediately.