Saturday 25 September 2010

September 2006 - Prawn Linguine with Pea Pesto

This is going to be a short post for a couple of reasons. The first is that I have to get ready to go out shortly but I wanted to get this done and have just been phaffing about all day. It even took me until 3 pm before I hung out my first load of washing and since it has been cooler with cloud cover today it is unlikely to get dry before I have to go out. The second reason this is going to be a quick one is that I have come to loathe this issue of delicious magazine. 

This sight of its bright yellow cover annoys me. It seems ridiculous but I came very close to not making anything from it at all and admitting defeat. However I decided that I just couldn't do it. There were interesting recipes in it and I am sure that there would have been plenty in it that was tasty. Problem was I just didn't want to make any of it. There was only one recipe that interested me slightly and that was Valli Little's Lamb cutlets with lentil & fried-onion rice. However I have eaten a lot of lamb lately and I really wanted something different. So after much flicking through and flinging of the magazine I decided to make Valli's Prawn linguine with pea pesto. It was fine, as far as seafood pastas go. There wasn't really enough of the creamy sauce, but that could have been my fault. I reduced the recipe down to one serve but I am not great with measuring out pasta I just grab a bit and cook it and hope it is right. I am pretty sure that I ended up with a bit more than 100 g of dried pasta and therefore not enough sauce to go round. I didn't any snow peas either so just didn't bother. To be honest, I probably would bother making this again. The pea pesto was nice though. Maybe with chicken I would have liked it more...I doubt it though.  An okay dish from an annoying issue.

2 comments:

  1. love reading your posts. I'm with you too - I don't like the yellow either
    Pasta looks nice, but I HATE peas and would leave them out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of pea pesto! Yum! p.s. I kind of like the yellow hehe.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete