Thursday 30 September 2010

September 2010 - Homestyle Beef Burger

Final day of the month and final issue for September. Thankfully I have managed to get all the posts done before the month has ended. However it will have to be a post and go as I really need to get some sleep tonight as I have to be up early and head off to a doctor's appointment in another town. I am not normally a morning person so will need to get to bed pretty soon. 

From this lovely issue I decided to make Valli Little's Homestyle beef burger. It was nice but, to be honest, not that different from most burgers. I do like a good burger. Home made are always the best. Although one of our local cafes makes a very good hamburger too. I didn't put capsicum on it. I also didn't have any aioli so I used some of my homemade tomato relish and spread the bun with mild English mustard. I guess that the capsicum and aioli would have added a bit of a twist on a regular burger. Sometimes I just have to compromise or should that be want to compromise.

Homestyle Beef Burger

Makes 4 

Ingredients: 
  • 600 g beef mince 
  • 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes 
  • 1 onion, finely chopped 
  • 1 tsp dried oregano 
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard 
  • 1 egg beaten (I didn't worry about beating it) 
  • 1/2 c (35 g) fresh breadcrumbs
  • 1/3 c (25 g) grated parmesan 
  • 2 red capsicums, quartered 
  • 2 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 4 burger buns, split, toasted 
  • Lettuce, tomato, gherkins and aioli, to serve 
Method: 
  • Combine first 8 ingredients and mix thoroughly.
  • Form into patties and chill. 
  • Grill capsicum until skin blackens. Place in plastic bag for a few minutes or until you can slip the skin off. 
  • Cook meat patties in a fry pan over a medium heat for 5 minute each side or until cooked through. 
  • Place lettuce, tomato, capsicum, gherkin, meat patty and aioli on buns and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment